Official stamps were used by government departments for normal post sent to individuals, like the cover below from the Ministry of Education to Ms Protásio. Their use ceased in 1976.
This is the second design for official stamps. The lighter version, with the yellow ribbon, was adopted in 1974.
The stamps were designed by Jaime Martins Barata, lithographed by the Mint on wove paper sheets of 10×10 stamps with perforation 12½, and circulated from September 1952 to 31 December 1975.
|dark||1,000,000||SO 2||O 1069||DM 2||SE 2|
|light||24,000||SO 3||O 1070||DM 3||SE 3|